Learn how you can manage a network more efficiently with Network Programmability and develop Python programming fundamental skills.
This course is designed to be of immediate value to Network Engineers looking to use Network Programming to simplify or automate their tasks. It covers the fundamentals of Python programming within the context of performing functions relevant to network engineers.
This Cisco self-paced course is designed with interactivity in mind — through hands-on labs, review questions, and summary challenges. This renders the learning experience more real-world and helps increase retention. Additionally, gamification features such as badges and leaderboard provide social visibility and motivation to perform better.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
Module 1: Cisco Network Programming for ACI with Python (Advanced)
· A short memo for Web Services, Restful APIs, XML and JSON Processing
· Using Python to manage ACI over REST API
· Installing a new ACI Fabric from scretch with Python scripts
Module 2 : Using Ansible with Cisco Network Products
· Installation of ansible for everybody
o Docker based sample workout infrastructure setup
· Ansible Network Modules for Cisco
Module 3 : Introduction to Python Web Frameworks
· Web frameworks, what are they used for?
· Django Web framework
· Implementing a network device inventory with Django
· Adding new apps to your Django Project
o Topology Diagram Application with Graphics Modules
§ L3 Topology Diagram
§ L2 Topology Diagram
Module 4 : Introduction to Elastic Stack
· How to use a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine for Networking Applications and Logging Applications
· Elastic Stack Installation for Everybody, Python API
· Elastic Stack Components
· A sample ADM (Application Dependency Mapping) exercise.
o Working with FW Logs
o Working with netstat outputs
o Working with Captured Packet Headers
Module 5 : Regular Expressions with Python (Optional)
· Foundation for regular expressions
· Regular expressions for parsing Cisco configurations files
· Regular expressions for parsing web based config files (i.e Checkpoint)